2.) Before I was a mom…
- I could stay in bed as late as I wanted.
- I rarely had to repeat myself when asking for something.
- I never had to spank anyone for defying me.
- I would never pick another person's nose, wipe another person's butt or discuss with another person if they went pee or poop.
- Silence was a good thing, not a harbinger of a mess to be found.
- 8pm was just another hour between 7 and 9pm, not the longed for hour of release.
- Bathtime was a time of relaxation and pampering
- There were no toys on the floor in the living room, hallway, bedroom, office, and the car.
- When I sat down to read a book, no one desperately needed to talk to me.
- When I went to the bathroom, no one knocked on the door or just came in to see what I was doing.
- When I got out of the shower, I never rushed through getting dressed and putting my makeup on because there was crying in the next room.
- When I went to bed at night, no one woke me up because they had a bad dream
- When I cooked a meal, there were rarely demands or complaints about something being yucky.
- The toilets were always flushed
- There was never pee on the floor
- There were only two people to pick up after.
- I hadn't kissed a stuffed animal good night for years.
- I didn't have small people to cuddle with in the morning
- There were no sweet "I love yous" in little voices to melt my heart
- No one snuggled up next to me while I read a book
- I didn't appreciate how hard my mom worked to manage both a job and two daughters.
- No one came in and cuddled like only a 4 year old little girl can do first thing in the morning
- I was alone a lot
- I have an awesome responsibility, but I have a husband to share it with and two little people who bless my life. I wouldn't trade being a mother for any other job in the world!
Question of the day: If you had $1000 a month in extra income and you had to spend it on the same thing every month, what would you spend it on and why? (It can be anything, a bigger house, a car, services etc.)
I think I would hire a housekeeper and pay a teenager to be a nanny for 10 hours a week. I am pretty sure that would cover the $1000 quick! Wouldn't it be lovely to have a clean house and hours to run errands, get pedicures and go to appointments? Sigh...